FIDI (Fédération Internationale des Déménageurs Internationaux; The Federation of International Movers) is a global umbrella organisation of international moving and relocation businesses. It describes itself as a worldwide industry standard for top quality movers and has pioneered the FIDI Accredited International Mover (FAIM) Quality Management Programme, a quality certification programme dedicated exclusively to the international moving industry.
The FIDI FAIM accreditation is only awarded to companies who have been independently audited and who have proven that they satisfy the most stringent industry-specific standards of customer care. Whilst FAIM is administered by the FAIM Coordination Centre based at the FIDI office in Brussels, an on-site assessment is independently performed by international assessors Ernst & Young. As part of their assessment they explore the likes of:
– the financial stability of the company
– Insurance claims register for past two years
– personnel register, training records and staff turnover levels for work undertaken
– Asset register with copies of all permits and licences and servicing records to provide evidence that the company has sufficient capability
– Copies of all documents used to ensure they meet strict criteria and suitability as specified by FIDI
– Warehouse and Office facilities visited to ensure they are safe and secure to meet both Health & Safety criteria and industry standards
– Review of all packing materials used and how environmental policy operates
– Systems and computer programs checked for suitability
Why choose a FAIM accredited mover?
1. Reduced risks by using experienced partners that apply consistent and thorough processes, you can minimise the chances of expensive mistakes.
2. Guaranteed quality from beginning to end. All FAIM certified relocation companies offer:
– Pre-move survey and a reliable quote
– Documentation/customs clearance
3. Consistent standards across a global network. FAIM accredited companies primarily use other FIDI affiliated partners, ensuring that your entire move chain adheres to strict quality standards.
4. Accurate assessment of cargo and fair pricing. The experience of FAIM-certified movers means that they will be accurate with their assessment of the cargo, and can advise you on what to ship and what to leave behind. By recommending a volume or weight band that suits your needs, a FAIM certified mover is able to help you make the best use of your budget. This way costs are kept to a necessary minimum, and there will be no hidden expenses at the end of the relocation process.
5. Helping you make a better choice efficiently. The FAIM framework includes key performance indicators, helping corporate buyers and global mobility professionals to make a fast and meaningful comparison between prospective suppliers.
From an end customer’s point of view, a FAIM certified company gives the person who moves, confidence that the company knows the business and has the resources and know-how to do the job properly.