Moving to Sydney
If you are considering moving to Sydney as part of your international removal to Australia we understand that you must have a lot of questions. We strive to make the process of moving to some of the most beautiful and desirable destinations as stress free and efficient as possible, taking the utmost care of your possessions and ensuring that all your queries are answered. We care that your move is the start of something fantastic and that you have faith in us to manage and action your move in as streamlined a manner as possible.
We have specialised in international removals to Australia for over 30 years. Our entire team is built of experts in export packing and shipping. We understand the complexity of moving to Australia. The team at John Mason International ensure they take the time to listen and understand your requirements before we begin the moving process. Whatever your reason for taking the plunge and moving down under may be, we are here to provide a diligent and expert international removals service through start to finish. Since we specialise in moving to Australia, we can guarantee that your move will run as smoothly as possible.
About Relocating to Sydney
As the state capital of New South Wales, Sydney remains a well populated city, beaming with life. The varied landscape boasts spectacular mountains, stunning beaches, pristine parks and a world renowned harbour, but Sydney is far more than just a pretty face. With its relaxed outdoors lifestyle, excellent job opportunities and affordable housing, the benefits of moving to Sydney are as clear as the ocean it touches. As the heart of Australia, moving to Sydney is a great choice for those looking for a city with an electric buzz. A city with so much to offer, Sydney should most definitely be a key choice for your move. Whatever your reason for relocating, our international removals services provide an efficient service through start to finish.
Sydney Suburb Profiles
Sydney is comprised of several stunning suburbs, all ready and waiting for you to make them your new home. Read more about the best Sydney suburbs to live in here.
Located to the South of the city, Bronte offers beachside living without the bustle of Bondi. With fast links into the city, beautiful architecture and some of the best coastline around, Bronte can be pricey, but is worth every penny.
The inner west suburb of Balmain offers a community feel just a few kilometres from the central business district. The area is popular with Sydney’s creative set and there are several Artisan shops and a busy arts and crafts market.
The pleasant greenery of the north shore suburb of Lane Cove makes it a perfect choice for families thinking of living in Sydney. This suburb is quieter and slower paced than its neighbours, but offers excellent amenities and transport links and several beautiful parks.
With its enviable location overlooking the harbour, Neutral Bay is a fantastic choice for anyone looking for Oceanside living close to the centre of Sydney. The suburb is also packed with delightful shops and restaurants clustered around the popular Military Road.
Schools and Education in Sydney
Australia’s education system ranks among the best in the world with its varied and enriching curriculum. Sydney’s public schools perform well in national tables there are also several excellent Catholic and Independent schools. Unlike surrounding states, public schools in New South Wales may charge fees to those entering Australia on a temporary visa such as the 457. With mounts of educational opportunities available in Sydney, you should have no doubt that relocating to Sydney will be the right decision.
Transport in Sydney
Sydney’s fast, reliable rail network is a popular choice for commuters. The Suburban Line links the CBD to most Northern, Eastern and Southern neighbourhoods, with the City Circle connecting the main city centre zones. Regular, dependable buses run from most of Sydney’s suburbs into the city and a free city centre shuttle links the main terminuses with key business and shopping areas. The ferry is a viable option for some harbour-based commuters and a wonderful and inexpensive way to take in the sights.
Leisure Activities and Things to Do in Sydney
From art and opera to beaches and bars, living in Sydney has attractions to suit every possible taste. If you fancy exploring Australia’s diverse flora and fauna, the beautiful Royal Botanical Gardens are perfect for a weekend walk or, for something more exotic, take a ferry to Taronga Zoo. Sydney’s beaches are famous worldwide and Bondi and Manly are loved by surfers and families alike. As you would expect from a city famous for its Opera House, Sydney has a vibrant cultural life and comes alive with art, music and theatre during the Sydney Festival running throughout January. With an undeniable amount of culture and flair to Sydney, your move to Australia will certainly be full of adventure. Our international removals service will be here to provide you with an efficient service through start to finish, giving you time to explore the city!
Interesting facts about Sydney
- The city is a clear favourite for expats, 40% of Sydneysiders are born overseas.
- Sydney is Australia’s oldest city. Europeans settled there in 1788 and established the country’s first penal colony.
- George Street is the oldest street in Australia, officially named after King George III in 1810.
- Sydney has the narrowest temperature range in Australia, which means milder summers and warmer winters.
- Sydney has the largest natural harbour in the world, holding an incredible 50.4 billion litres of water.
Moving to Australia post Covid-19
- Established in 1884, John Mason International Movers has seen the world around us change and as a business we continue to evolve to ensure we deliver a first-class moving experience. Today we are one of the UK’s largest international removals companies, moving around 10,000 people each year. We can guarantee that if you are planning on moving to Australia post Covid-19, we can make the process far easier for you.Relocating to Australia post Covid-19 can seem to be something that seems near impossible given the current circumstances. Considering recent advice from the Government and the British Association of Removals (BAR), we can confirm that John Mason International is fully operational. However, the safety of our customers and employees is our number one priority, therefore we have introduced several new safety measures to ensure we are ‘Covid Secure’. Our international removals remain to be in place, and we have ensured that our process remains as safe and sensible. International removals to Australia are still a viable opportunity despite the current pandemic, and we can assure you that we are here to ensure your move “down under” will be smooth. If you are looking to find out more information around moving to Australia post Covid-19, you can read more in our guide.
News items about Sydney
Read more about Sydney in our blog: