Removals from the UK to Switzerland
Removals to Switzerland: John Mason International provide full door to door household removal services from the UK to Switzerland. Contact us for a free quotation for your forthcoming move to Switzerland.
Customs Regulations for Switzerland
Household goods can be imported duty free providing that the following conditions are met:
- All items have been owned and used for at least 6 months
- The importation must take place within the first year of relocation to Switzerland.
- Items are to be imported for personal use only.
- Any foreseen subsequent consignment must be reported at the time of the first importation.
Documentation for Removals to Switzerland
The relevant customs forms must be completed and returned to your Move Manager as soon as possible. Your Move Manager will send the customs forms to you in advance for your completion. A photocopy of your passport (basic data pages) will also be required in order to import your shipment into Switzerland. In addition, the following items are required:
- Swiss Residence or Work Permit
- A Signed and Valued Inventory of Household Goods.
For returning Swiss nationals, an attestation of residence is required (issued by the local authorities).
Your Move Manager will guide you through the process above. If you have any queries whilst preparing your documentation for import, please contact us. It is most important that all paperwork is correct and available for clearance purposes prior to the arrival of our delivery vehicle at the Swiss Border.