International Removals Insurance
Advice on Insuring Your Overseas Move
We do however recommend that you take out Insurance as accidents can happen and mistakes by third party handling are possible. If you are moving with your employer or new employer, the company may already self-insure. If not, make sure that you have adequate Insurance cover in place prior to shipping.
Please be advised of the following when insuring your household effects for an International Move:
- Always insure your items for full replacement value at destination, it is not advisable to underinsure your items.
- The Insurance Proposal Form must be completed and returned to your Move Manager prior to the packing and collection date.
- If you need any assistance with regards to completing the form, your Move Manager will be able to talk you through it.
- Remember to extend your Insurance if you are planning on putting your items into store prior to shipping or at destination. Your Move Manager will also remind you.
- When grouping items together e.g. 5 x Pictures at £500, make sure to list any item which is more valuable than the others e.g. if the carton of pictures is made up of one worth £300 and four worth £50 each, list the more expensive picture separately.
Marine Insurance Cover
Of course we will do everything possible to ensure the safe arrival of your items at their destination. However with any overseas move insurance cover is always advisable.
We are in a position to be available to offer such services. This product is personally recommended to meet your demands and needs as it will provide All Risks cover on your goods whilst being moved and / or stored.
Whilst John Mason International will pack and move your effects with every care, there are risks of loss or damage beyond our control.
Our liability for loss or damage is limited by our contract terms and conditions which are incorporated into all removal and shipping contracts. If you do not take out adequate International Removals Insurance your recourse against us and subsequent carriers or parties for loss or damage may be limited.