Advice on Insuring Your Overseas Move
If you use a quality moving company for your overseas relocation, the risk of damage to your household effects and furniture is very low. We do however recommend that you take out Insurance as accidents can happen and mistakes by third party handling are possible. If you are moving with your employer or new employer, the company may already self-insure. If not, make sure that you have adequate Insurance cover in place prior to shipping.
Please be advised of the following when insuring your household effects for an International Move:
- Always insure your items for full replacement value at destination, it is not advisable to underinsure your items.
- The Insurance Proposal Form must be completed and returned to your Move Manager prior to the packing and collection date.
- If you need any assistance with regards to completing the form, your Move Manager will be able to talk you through it.
- Remember to extend your Insurance if you are planning on putting your items into store prior to shipping or at destination. Your Move Manager will also remind you.
- When grouping items together e.g. 5 x Pictures at £500, make sure to list any item which is more valuable than the others e.g. if the carton of pictures is made up of one worth £300 and four worth £50 each, list the more expensive picture separately.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance or information on our International Removals Insurance policy.