John Mason International are excited announce that we have teamed up with Australia’s largest bank -the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, allowing customers the opportunity to open a bank account up to three months prior to arriving in Australia. See below for more information on how Commonwealth Bank of Australia can help you:
Personalised financial migration support from Australia’s leading provider of integrated financial services.
Migrating to Australia is much more than just a change of address. While it’s an exciting time, it can also be stressful. There’s so much to think about – from settling in to a new job and finding somewhere to live, to organising transport and sorting out bills in a new country.
With personalised* support from Commonwealth Bank, you can have one less thing to worry about – banking in Australia.
The security of Australia’s largest bank.
As Australia’s leading provider of integrated financial services, we combine strength and security with the backing of specialist teams, services, an extensive range of flexible, competitively priced products and Australia’s largest financial services network.
You will enjoy the convenience of:
- – more than 1,100 branches nationally and 3,700 Australia Post agencies.
- – over 4,200 Automated Telling Machines (ATMs).
- – 249,000 Commonwealth Bank supported EFTPOS terminals across Australia.
- – 10 call centres, which handle over 120 million calls annually.
- – NetBank, Australia’s # 1 online bank with over five million customers.
- – our free CommBank app, a market-leading app for compatible iPhone, Android and Windows 8 smartphones^ to bank with us on the go.
Instant account opening and a dedicated support team.
Opening an account with CommBank is fast, effortless and secure and provides you with instant access to your account details. We are one of the few Australian banks able to offer this benefit. You can start transferring money to your new Australian account straightaway* and view your balance online before you arrive, using NetBank***, Australia’s # 1 online bank.
Many migrants tell us they are surprised how different banking is in Australia, compared to what they’re used to. Many wish they’d had someone to help them learn what they need to know. Commonwealth Bank’s dedicated Migrant Financial Services team can help to bridge the gaps in your knowledge, so you can navigate the Australian financial system with confidence.
* Relationship management support is available to selected moving to Australia customers who earn an annual income of $120,000 or above. We will need to verify your proof of income and visa to qualify for this service.
** Customers will be able to withdraw their funds once they arrive in Australia and identify themselves at a Commonwealth Bank branch.
*** Customers will have limited access to NetBank until they arrive in Australia and identify themselves at a Commonwealth Bank branch.
^ You must be registered for NetBank with NetCode SMS to make payments using the CommBank app. Recipients of payments via mobile, email and Facebook need an Australian bank account to claim. Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.